Project Manager or Principal Partner
Location: Reading, UK
€65,000 base plus share options
Are you looking to create your company?
Do you want to make a significant impact?
Are you looking for a transparent and values-driven culture?
Visagio is a global niche consultancy focused on digital transformation, supply chain and operational improvement. Our mission is to be our client’s partner of choice in their management challenges. Our focus is on business cases, design and implementation. We put ourselves in our client’s shoes and help them to make real, effective changes, propelling them to success.
We work with clients across the Energy, Mining, Manufacturing, Technology and Service-based sectors. We deliver more than 200 projects worldwide each year with a team of over 500 consultants based in our hubs in London, Berlin, Moscow, Perth, Sydney, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.
At the heart of our endeavours is a strong focus on our people and culture. We have been consistently recognised as a ‘Great Place to Work’ in the past five years.
To pursue our continuous growth, Visagio is looking for a Project Manager or Principal Partner to initially lead the delivery of a transformation programme with our client in China and to grow the account across Asia-Pacific while building and expanding our team and business in Asia-Pacific.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Initially manage a client project and lead Visagio’s and client’s teams in delivering a successful programme with an outstanding level of client satisfaction
- Support and coach Visagio team members to achieve team and individuals’ development goals
- Grow into managing an account and a portfolio of projects while pursuing new opportunities in China and Asia-Pacific and hiring and developing new members
- Develop deep expertise on other clients’ most challenging issues
- Earn client approval to design and implement solutions to these challenging issues through intellect, influence and business innovation
- Identify, articulate and communicate the value that the consulting services deliver
- Boldly encourage clients towards greater possibilities
- Build and nurture own commercial pipeline
- Provide inspirational leadership to the consulting team, enabling them to design and implement world-class consulting services
- Work closely with our offices across the world especially in the UK and Australia in support other offices’ opportunities and challenges
- Manage project, account, and country P&L and cash-flow
- Proactively develop and strengthen relationships with existing, new and prospective clients including organisation of roundtables and workshops
- Contribute to the development of client offers and services, including identifying requirements for new product/service development
- Support sales opportunities by writing discussion documents, tenders and proposals (often taking a lead role in this activity)
- Liaise with clients, consultants and the VISAGIO Partners responsible for resource management to mobilise teams to deliver projects
- Support the knowledge management across the globe by writing and publishing of insights, presenting at seminars and conferences, and attending networking events
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Decision Science
- MBA or Master in Science (MSc)
- Native or fluent in Mandarin
- At least 6 years of experience in management consulting from a top boutique firm, particularly in transformation, implementation and operational improvement
- Proven track record in engaging senior stakeholders and in delivering cost savings
- Industry expertise in at least one of the following: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, engineering, or technology
- Mathematical skill to understand and shape statistical and optimization models
- Strong in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Microsoft or other simulation and analytical tool development would be a plus (e.g. Anylogic, AIMMS, Simul8, SPSS, R, etc)
- Inspirational leadership
- Trustful and lasting partner mindset
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- ‘Doer’ who is not afraid of doing the basics
- Analytical in-depth thinker
- Leading by example and by coaching
- People-driven who cares about clients and own colleagues
- Resilient whose best behaviours live throughout difficult times
- Someone who goes the ‘extra mile’ to positively surprise the client
- Driven by great values especially in confidently engaging with others with humility
- Stakeholder management
- Change management
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Persuasion and presentation
- Analytical skills
- General management skills especially in Finance
You can submit your application to Ms Maria Fialho (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 8th July 2020.